Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A Good Start to May



Susan and *RCR Ah-D-Das in Maine~ I had an absolute blast Sunday out on the trails with my trusty Curly boy Ah-D. We had company!! We were joined by Kara on AhD’s buddy Fat Albert and by my son Zach’s girlfriend Kayla and future mother-in-law (ok, just joking here…he is just 16…but I still can wish, can’t I?) Kim. Notice how my horse-savvy Zach came out totally prepared (barefooted) to hold his girlfriend's horse while she tacked up. I am very thankful he was there at the start to play Head Photographer.
We had a mixed bunch of horse sizes and temperaments, and we zipped right along, even Al! AhD led much of the way.

We went around a fairly easy loop first, so the horses would get to know each other. AhD and Al went in for a stream walk, but my guest’s horses said, “Oh, no… I don’t think so!!” Even so, by the time we had done a little bushwhacking and w/t/c down to the next stream on the menu, they were game to cross. We had fun cheering each other on. The weather was perfect and the bugs were not out yet. We traveled some nice trails and enjoyed each other’s company. Once, we came down a small incline and AhD popped over a little stream and then surprised me by galloping up the next hill, and all three horses behind followed suit. We had a giggling fit when we caught up to each other. It was the first time ever Kara had jumped, and it just about surprised her right out of her skin! She was beaming.
What a fun day. I hope we can get together again soon. My Curly was such a good boy, with just enough p&v and zip to make it fun without being a pain.

3 comments:

  1. sounds like you all had a lot of fun. It is nice to have a small group and trail ride.

    and be carefull what you wish for LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that looks like so much fun! I can't wait to get out here on the trails, we need sun and warm dry weather. Everyone looks like they really enjoyed themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I really had a good time, and I'd love to do it again!

    ReplyDelete