Sunday, May 15, 2011

Gettin' Bullied

I think Linus felt like he was getting bullied today. Allie is coming into heat again and every chance she had, her rump was in his face. She would not leave him alone! It's funny because Friday when I worked with him, it seemed like I was breaking up a fight! They were pinning their ears back at each other and turning to threaten to kick one another when I got there. I took Linus out, he seemed grateful and was fantastic to work with. Allie almost immediately missed him though and they were soon the best of buds again after I put him back! And now she won't leave him be! Women!!
I thought he was really full of it today when I went over but it seemed more like he just wanted to get a break for her persistence. He was so eager to get his halter on and get out of their round pen that I actually sent him away from me a few times until he came back and approached nicely rather than trying to run me over. He sometimes try to rear a bit in front of me. It's his always failing attempt to get me to hurry the heck up and go! Ha, ha, ha mister. Not going to happen. The looks I get from him when I am not scared of this move are priceless. They get better when I send him away for his bad behaviour too.
We had a really great yielding session again today. He's been really impressing me lately with getting the cues quicker and quicker. He easily backs up now as far as I ask him to. He was moving out a bit stiffly in his front end today. It's been less than a week since his feet were trimmed. The footing went from very dry to very wet in a short period so I am wondering if that has something to do with it. After a good walk he was moving out better.
No pictures today since we've had an insane amount of rain again. Not supposed to quit all week either!! Ugh! Hard to believe Linus was sweating the other day with the heat!
I did get some Curly promoting in yesterday. I was helping friends do a petting zoo birthday party and had my curly hoodie on. Loads of people were asking about the Curly horse and were fascinated by the hypoallergenic factor.
Lunenburg, On Canada

1 comment:

  1. LLOLLL You know when you are sending him away that he is thinking "WOMEN" ..LLOLLL I joke with three mares that PMS = Permanant Mare Syndrome!!! We are getting to the point that Sassy and the girls need Flippers to get around in the pasture!!! Love reading your posts :))

    ReplyDelete