Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Happy Birthday Diane

I hope you had a wonderful day and I apologise now for not having as interesting of a Birthday post for you as the previous ones!! Wow, there is some cool stuff going on in the Curly world!
Here, it is cold, muddy, raining, muddy, damp, muddy, windy, muddy and just plain miserable...oh and muddy too.
We're really learning to get out there and work regardless of the weather. I think having the cows helps to get out with the horses since there's always work to be done so what is a little more.
I had a battle with Linus tonight. Poor boy was willing to work but had been badgered all day by Allie who is still in heat and thinking Linus is quite a hottie. So, we did our reminders and he learned quickly that he was moving from one controlling female to another, : )
We again worked on our reining and lightness while responding to cues. I keep getting these ideas in my head for how I want to modify his rope halter or else make one. It's still a dusty rough idea in my head, which means by tomorrow it will probably be gone!
Linus is doing really well and responding great to me from the ground. His 2nd Birthday is fast approaching and so is his first official ride. It will be short and may just consist of a few cues. I'm pretty confident about it coming up because I have leaned across Linus and I know his cues when he is about to act up or if something is bothering him. He accepts the saddle, bridle, bareback pad, harness and whatever else I happen to bring over. As long as he sniffs it first, he is happy with it.
Hope you get to have a wonderful piece of cake Diane!
Donna & Linus
Lunenburg, ON Canada

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure you're excited about your first ride! With all the training you've done, Donna, it will be dream, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting to ride him for the first time! My horses have all been at least five when I got them, and that first ride ...was sooo thrilling.....to ride one for the first time you gentled yourself....What a feeling that must be for you!!!!! Cant wait to hear how it goes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Donna I can't wait to hear about your first ride, just following along on all the things you have done with Linus it will be such a thrill! I loved your comment about from one controlling female to another, that was cute :)

    ReplyDelete