Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Summer Type Weather = Bath


Growing up I have never had allergies, as I get older every spring I think they get worse. So at 10 am I left work and tried to take a nap, all I could think about was how nice it was outside and how much Marley needed a bath and that I needed to get things packed for the Posse clinic on Thursday. So, out the door I went tromped through the water and mud and wrangled up my noble muddy, dirty, wet steed! 80 something degrees and HUMID (way above average for MN this time of year) Marley got his bath, I had to work at it but I got out all the mud clumps out of his fetlocks and mane. He was such a good boy for his first bath in several months that we took some time to eat some grass and dry off while I finger combed his mane and tail. I have started to braide up his tail and put it in a sock cause I know how hard mud can be on hair (don't know if you are suppose to do that with a curly or not but I love his tail to much to let it get brittle and break off). But look at how nice and cream color his tail is and how white those stockings are :) Today it is thunderstorms and more rain so I left him in the barn. All I keep thinking is he looks so good I don't want to put him back out in the mud again, but I don't have much of a choice. Does anyone know how to keep the fetlock curls from mud clumping? Baby oil the hair? Got the trailer also all packed up and ready for our 3 day Sheriffs Posse training clinic up in Northern MN. I am really excited and can't wait to get back and share pictures and maybe some video as well! Oh, one more thing, I have been meaning to share this picture with you guys on what I have done for a book to keep tabs of my RAC stuff. Inside of it I have a tabbed page for each of the catagories (Riding, Blogging, Event, Etc). Heck I have even put a few pictures of what I have posted on blogs inside too. I carry it around in my brief case and pull it out to share from time to time with other horse lovers too.


Till next time Curly Lovers!

Larry, Marley, & Dana

5 comments:

  1. Dana, Marley looks GREAT! That mud can be a bugger, can't it? I don't know how to prevent that..maybe someone else will have some suggestions. I LOVE your log book!! That is SO great! And what a clever idea to share with others too. Cant wait to hear more about the posse clinic..have FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That book is pretty cool. Be prepared to have a really curly tail once you take the tail down. I had my guys tail braided for maybe 5 hours and it was kinky curly for a day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abby, I will have to get a picture of his tail once I let it out, it sound really cute :)I just love curls!

    Yeah that mud with the white is just not a good combo at all and he has such thick curly fetlocks he gets mud balls. Oh well soon enough we will all be chatting it up about the heat and the bugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the log book, what a great idea. He looks very gorgeous after the bath!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love his tail, so clean and well groomed! Great picture!

    ReplyDelete