Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Rain Check ?

With the weather we've been having -- I thought I was going to have to take a rain check for a
new birthday !!


Keri and I and Zoe and Teasel did get a nice trot out -- with rain toward the end.  It's a dreary day -- but not as cold as winter and not snowing -- so I guess... I'll take it :)





Flooded roads ???   Yes-- there has been a lot of rain.  We weren't making that up !!

Keri says ... huh ??





I am going to try to get Miss Nimue down here for a nice cart ride through the waters.






We darted off the road to investigate a trail we traveled on years and years ago... I have been wanting to see if it was still there --

This brook is not so deep today -- this is the same spot we used to cross back when I was riding Keri's Mom !







Here's the old trail -- 2 years ago there was some logging done in here so the trail is wider and very clear.  Also wet...



From here we had to do some bushwhacking to find our way back to the road so we could continue with our original route.




We had a lovely canter for almost a mile ... then ducked back into trail. You can really see that Mister T is bald right now...   what a goof - but so darn lovable.











Sometimes the T man likes Keri to take the lead :)



He pretends it is the gentlemanly thing to do.









The woods were dark and damp... with sounds of thunder coming.








Not a power ride today -- but loads of fun to get out and be in the saddle. It was fun to find the trail from the 'old' days... and I think there will be a way to make that part of a nice loop with a few challenges.


Keri and T were in an excellent mood... no one minded getting wet at the end. 

Who better to spend a birthday with than two favorite horses and a lovely daughter ??

Enjoy ~

Betsy, Keri, Teasel and Zoe in Vermont

6 comments:

  1. What lovely and adverturous ride! I always love your pictures. Fantastic that you could find the old trail! Must have brought back memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a beautiful landscape! I bet that was a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect day, for sure...sounds wonderful and photos prove it...Angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish my birthday lasted for more than one day ! There is lots to celebrate -- and I need at least a week :) think of the super rides and drives I could have an excuse for !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an excellent water crossing! I love how the chesnut is shedding out. His winter hair is red and the underneath is dark. I don't think I've ever seen that big of a difference between winter and summer coats.

    ReplyDelete