Monday, June 27, 2011

The Amphitheater

AhD and I have been on a four day trip to Acadia National Park on Mount Desert Island, Maine, and I am still playing catch-up, but I wanted to say Happy Birthday to my RAC friends and make a short post for one area of the Roosevelt Carriage Trails ~ The Amphitheater.




This is just one section of the Amphitheater Trail, where the "castle" stone walls hold one back from tumbling off of the cliff. As you can see, we rode in and out of rain and mist, typical of every day there.







I had a blast, and Ah-D was wonderful. My friends with the fancy (expensive and talented) event TB's really liked him, and he was even able to keep up with their trots. THAT was fun! I think it says a lot about my little 14.2 hand Curly that he can keep up with a 16.2 top-notch event horse at a fast trot! Ok, ok...not their extended trot...he gave up at that point and cantered. Geez, was that a blast. I kept thinking of Liz and her Traveller.Back to the Amphitheater, here we are!If you ever get the chance to visit this National Park, TAKE IT! ~Susan and Didder

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - I am equally impressed with you and jealous of you!!!! I wish I was there riding beside you and AhD. It looks like a great time and good for you for keeping with with the "big dogs". What fun!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures are great and it indeed looks like a wonderful place to ride!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How I wish I could get there with the carts!! I can't believe how fast this summer is flying! Thanks for the great pics and posts!
    Dian
    Winding Winds

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dian, you would not believe the incredible driving turnouts that are at the stables...marathon carts, lots of Meadowbrooks, incredible harnesses with tons of silver. Gorgeous. In my pre-Curly days, I did drive up there. I had an elegant but tough 15h Standardbred that could trot for miles.
    Jessica and Liz, you would love it up there!

    ReplyDelete