Sunday, June 5, 2011

Riding for Blaine's Birthday


Happy Birthday from Susan and AhD in Maine
We had a lovely little ride today. The weather was perfect ~ 70's, breezy, beautiful sky and sun. The birds were singing away. I invited two dogs to come with us. We were moving right along, so we paused at every water hole between here and there so they could cool off and enjoy. Stream walked three times, and I was thinking of Betsy and Zoe.I took this photo on the way back. It is quite close to my house, and I took this last route as a special coo down treat for Sapphire and Grace. I just love this pond, and I'd have stayed longer but my pony had been getting a little antsy, so once he stood still and behaved for a bit, I let him move on.
This little clearing is nestled in the woods about a mile from my house. You would never know it is there unless you explore a tiny footpath off the beaten trail. Looks like it might be nice to ride in, but AhD and I only gaze from the edge because it is very swampy and horse dangerous. We stood here a while. I was thinking this is such a nice little field for moose. When I turned AhD to leave and looked down, lo and behold, we had been standing on a pretty fresh pile of moose poop!
The bugs were out and were buzzing around us, but they didn't land ~ SWEET! Blaine, hope you had a nice day. You have such a beautiful month in which to have a birthday.

1 comment:

  1. Such lovely green scenery - your dogs look very happy!
    Shelly in Summerland.

    ReplyDelete