Friday, June 24, 2011

Pitter Patter birthday drive

We have had some sunny days here in Vermont - but mostly -- rain. For Angie's birthday, we harnessed up Nimue for a birthday drive with me.

At the start of the trip. we thought we could make the entire 10 mile loop as it seemed the rain was coming in fits and starts - and mainly just a drizzle. 

As we trotted further  - we realized... the raindrops were larger, heavier and faster.



And of course, I had a song running through my head ~

Raindrops keep fallin' on my head
And just like the guy whose feet are too big for his bed
Nothin' seems to fit
Those raindrops are fallin' on my head, they keep fallin'

So I just did me some talkin' to the sun
And I said I didn't like the way he got things done
Sleepin' on the job
Those raindrops are fallin' on my head, they keep fallin'



A short video from light pitter patter to downpour -- still, in all it was fun to get out in the cart for a change. 


I don't think we'll be able to get out for Harold's birthday -- water is continuing to pour from the sky.


Betsy, Zoe, Nimue in Vermont

6 comments:

  1. I can imagine that driving is really fun. I never practiced it, but it looks very relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is fun and sometimes relaxing too -- depending on how fast we are going and how challenging the trail ! :) Too bad you are not here for the convention for a longer time.. I would love to take you out for a drive Caren !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would really love to share a drive with you Betsy as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that sound! sometimes i really miss driving...

    ReplyDelete
  5. A birthday drive sounds great! Love the sound of hooves:)

    ReplyDelete