Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Griffin rides again

It's been a short while for me but I promise I have been reading your posts and keeping busy with Linus too. As you can see so has my nephew, Griffin. He will be 9 in August and is loving every chance he gets to help with Linus. This past weekend Griffin rode both bareback and with the bareback pad. With it only being his second time on a horse, he did incredible. He even tried walking with his hands out beside him to feel for his balance. Linus was a complete gentleman and if you didn't know any better, you'd think we had traded him for a 20 yr old horse!

I love the picture above. Linus is resting a leg and Griffin is looking pretty chilled out too! With Dad having his first ride on Allie and Griffin having his second on Linus, I was the only one who didn't ride this weekend! But, that's all good with me. Linus is a growing boy and I'm not going to ride him more than once a month for now. Griffin doesn't weigh much so I'm not worried about him riding once a week or every 2 weeks.



Don't they both look to be enjoying themselves!

We've accomplished as much as we can in training recently. We have gone from one extreme to another with cold, rainy weather and now into extremely hot weather. If I can't handle it, then I definitely don't expect my horse to! Linus has turned back into a pro with the fly spray bottle. This afternoon I was working hard on getting Allie to stand for it. She was trying to get away from me and Linus was standing there waiting patiently at the gate to go to the other pasture. I swear if he could talk he would tell her to grow up and get on with it.
Linus has continued to get loads of compliments recently. His temperament very nearly landed him as a guest in my friends petting zoo this past weekend but in the end, he did not go.I think he would handle it like a pro but his buddy being left behind would have gone nuts. I'm trying to talk my friends into getting a Curly pony for their petting zoo. All of the animals they have are unique and they need a couple of ponies for rides. I will have to keep at them..
Donna & Linus
Lunenburg, ON Canada

2 comments:

  1. What a good boy! Gosh, he looks so grown up! All svelte and handsome. I bet he loves the attention from Griffin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linus Loves kids! And Griffin is loving it too! Iagree linus looks all grown up. He hates this heat though!

    ReplyDelete