Thursday, June 2, 2011

Trying to catch up

So I  spent quite a bit of time getting my two young stallions ready for the Breeder's showcase, but I have also been riding a lot - working horses in the arena and conditioning *Tessa for the endurance season.  On May 22nd, we attended the first endurance ride of the season - 25 miles at Rock Creek - it was awesome.

The weather was pretty terrible for camping, but we didn't actually get rained on for the ride itself, so that part was good :).  There were only 30 horses that started this ride - due to the weather and the Rhino scare I think - but *Tessa and I finished in 12th place - I was pretty pleased with her as she has not been on an endurance ride for 2 years due to having her foal last year.

I am sorry, we did get a few pictures that were posted by a friend, but they were pretty small - I will include just one here - get your magnifying glass out LOL.

Shelly in Summerland, BC Canada
http://www.curlystandardplace.com

3 comments:

  1. I have asked for larger versions of these pictures - I will post if I get them - then you will be able to actually SEE Anastasia LOL.
    Thanks Jessica - Tessa was pretty good on the ride - very "up" but manageable - I want to regain that and I will work towards it.
    Shelly in Summerland.

    ReplyDelete