Thursday, June 2, 2011

When being BFF's turns into an obsession

Well that's what I've been dealing with lately. Stalker Theo has become obsessed with Abby. He goes nutters in the pasture when I take her out and doesn't stop until he can hear or see her. Not good when I am always trying to put weight on him. This in turn makes Abby upset but of course she is still an angel.


So, my birthday present couldn't have come at a better time. This weekend (my birthday) I will be attending a gaited horse clinic with Abby in MINNESOTA for 3 days! I think Theo will get over his obsession by Sunday night (well hopefully). I'm super excited to learn more about my girls crazy moves and how I can make her more comfortable.


I've been doing lots of trail riding and working Theo on the flat. We havn't been able to arrange another jumping lesson but I'm still working hard on that two point. Last night I did a little away from the herd work with Theo just to remind him I'm the boss. Then I tied him in the arena by himself for awhile. He was actually really good in there.


Abby too got a "time out" because she doesn't like standing tied so after a quick ride in the arena and small trail ride she stood tied all afternoon... it was messy but she stopped pawing and screaming.


Well here are a few pics of Abby and I riding Memorial Day.


Abby asking me why we are stopped. I try to help her stay cool by tieing up her hair in little pony tails. It's sooo thick and I'm not sure if it helps but oh boy is it cute!


3 comments:

  1. Abby's hair is very cute in her pig tails! She has such pretty coloring too. Sounds like you are handling the issues quite well too, sometimes it is good to have a time out once in a while. Almost like dealing with kids :) Have fun at your clinic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes we have that problem too, with horses getting too attached to each other. What my mum usually does is just move them in with another group of horses. Kind of sounds mean to move them away from their "best bud" but they can still see them over the fence and it's not a HUGE deal anymore when they get taken out. I know not everyone can do this though! Gorgeous mane btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I will soon have this with my horses, they whinney so much when I take one out! They are really close and do not like to be seperated, maybe I should also sighn up for a clinic:) Have fun at the clinic!

    ReplyDelete