Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Ive been away a while













Hi Everyone,














Ive been soo busy of late with work and one thing and another, ive hardly had time to sitdown nevr mind blogg. However hopefully things are starting to calm down. On the downside Echo had another fall on the road, thankfully leaving only a few grazes his knee's. This prompted a visit form the vet who advised knee boots, there is nothing medically wrong, ( he has also recently had the physio out). In his opinion after everything i have told him he is just been lazy. Ihave the farrier out tomorrow and we are going to discuss having his toes rolled. On the upside our schooling is coming on a real treat. Ive bought a dressage saddle which is helping, i just need practice on my position, i have a terrible habit of tipping forward and also not bending my elbows, if anyone has any tips they will be greatly recieved. Hopefully I can upload some more recent pictures.



CC on my position please.

OOps cant seem to move the pictures around

6 comments:

  1. I hope you can figure out how to help Echo! It must be soooo frustrating! Good luck with your schooling! I'm learning so much right now that I'm not the one to "help".

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may help your position to move the saddle back a couple of inches (maybe 5cm?). If the saddle is sitting on the horse's shoulders it can make everything too far forward.
    Hope this helps.
    Shelly in Summerland, BC Canada

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, Sarah from "across the pond." Hope the trim helps Echo with his tripping problem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi! i was also going to recommend moving the saddle back a bit. though there are only two "movement" photos they give me an idea about his tripping. he seems to be very heavy on the forehand. if you can do some exercises to encourage him to rock back and use his hind end more, you may find he starts tripping less. even in the trotting photo his is really leaning on your hands. once you get him to lift his front end you will find that he gets lighter in your hand AND picks his feet up better :) if you would like some exercise ideas please feel free to email me and i'll give you a few!

    mindy~
    theladybugfarm@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear, not quiet the response I was hoping for, I agree about the saddle thou. Thanks Mindy Ill drop you a mail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope the farrier can help with hi tripping. Good work on the scooling, always things to keep working on, for me this is also my position.

    ReplyDelete