Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Fabulous Start to a Weekend





This weekend was so busy I didn't know what way was up! For the second year in a row, we hosted an ACTHA trail ride. Our first 2 day ride. I guess didn't know what we where getting into until it was to late! Our family got up supper early Friday am so we could get to the park and enjoy a family trail ride together (our first one of the year). Then my aunt came and took our 2 year old for the weekend. After dinner our family and a few friends that where either competing in the ride or helping went out with us to mark the trail for Saturday's ride. What a great time we had. Along the way we came across a turtle that was laying eggs right in the middle of the trail! All the riders had a great time and we had a film guy out there taping as well for "America's Favorite Trail Horse" TV series, which is going to air Sept. 13th I guess. So it was a bit exciting!! We had 36 riders on Saturday's ride which is alot for our part of the country. After all the awards where given out I was able to get out on Marley and go for a ride. A friend that rode her horse in the ride took Larry out. We where out for several hours, I took her and another friend on other trails and other sites they wouldn't have seen otherwise. The DJ showed up while we where out so after all the horses where put up for the night and obstacles out for day 2 we danced into the night :) We had a professional photographer at the ride with us and he took some pictures of Marley, Larry & I and I am waiting to get them from him and then I will tell you about day 2 ride. But if you are really curious on how they look you can see them online as well before I post them :) www.cowboyactionphotos.com and look for the folders under the ACTHA ride. There are also pictures from the ride posted on there as well of all the fun people had. The weather was great, humid but it stayed dry!


Marley, Larry, & Dana (MN)

3 comments:

  1. Awesome post! This sounds like a blast. I am glad you had fun. I enjoyed the picture of the turtle, and I can't wait to see your profession pics as well. You live in a pretty area. Congratulations on the success of your ACTHA hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would some day love to attend one of these! You're area is beautiful and reminds me of Michigan! I ditto Susan's congratulations! It must have been alot of work, but rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow :) That looks like real joy ! Wonderful nature, by the way.

    ReplyDelete