Saturday, June 4, 2011

Birthday Ride for Blaine!

Hope you had a wonderful special day today, Blaine! Bear and I got out for an awesome trail ride this afternoon. It was our first big trail ride alone, since we bought him a few weeks ago. It was more than I thought was possible. We trotted, cantered and even rode along the highway a little ways..passed a biker too. (not motor bike =]) Bear was fabulous. We only had one spook and that was at the ducks that flew up suddenly in the stream that ran along side the path. It was a drop down, plant sort of thing. =] Although I did lose my stirrup, it was no big deal for Bear. We just went on. When I asked for the trot and canter, he went willingly but was also just as willing to whoa. And both gaits were so relaxed, smooth and comfortable. I came back beaming! I might get out and ride Reese a bit too. So much daylight left!

Sorry no pics today! =]

1 comment:

  1. Bear sounds like a really lovely horse - looking forward to more news and pictures of him!
    Shelly in Summerland, BC Canada

    ReplyDelete