Thursday, June 9, 2011

Evening Riding in Maine


It’s that time of year again, when I can actually fit in a ride AFTER WORK! So, I did. The day had been really hot, but it cooled down some by the time I was in the saddle. Boy did it feel good to be out! The bugs weren’t bad at all; I think the Natures Defense fly spray I am using on AhD really works. We explored the evening woods, took a jaunt up the road, and meandered through a field. We were moving right along, and AhD was dripping sweat, so I took off his bridle and let him enjoy some sweet clover before we headed home. I sprayed him down with the hose before putting him out in the pasture. AhD re-learned pretty quickly that the hose is his friend on hot summer days. It was pretty cute to see him turn one side and then the other for an all-around spray.

This weekend we have a riding date with two women and their Tennessee Walkers. It will be interesting to see how AhD keeps up as they glide along. I will keep you posted! Have fun and RIDE, fellow RACers!

2 comments:

  1. Well Susan , it is 59 and cloudy here with wind, nice and cool for the bugs. Looks like you are having agreat time. Can't see your hat or saddle so I can't make a remark.
    Harold

    ReplyDelete
  2. I simply love these pictures from a rider's perspective :) Yes, it is the nice time of the year where you can really relax with your horses after work!

    ReplyDelete