Friday, June 10, 2011

Lyle and I

Dear Blog Readers,

Lyle continues to do well. He is not yet ready to "hit the trails." So I am riding him in my make shift square pen. I have hay bales and buckets and barrels scattered around so that we can work on making turns. This is because turns are the way of controlling a horse and getting his attention. I have included a picture of my Mexican bridle. But Lyle very much prefers a bit. Lyle honestly does not like the side pull or bitless bridle. He understands the bit much better. I use a Reinsman rockin R low port snaffle bit. I have turned the mouth piece so that the port is reversed. This is because Lyle's mouth was savaged by poor training with a regular snaffle. I wanted to have the port touch a completely different part of the roof of his mouth.

Lyle is kind and he is relearning how to be ridden. I am thankful for Lyle. I will not sell him because he has won my heart.

Sincerely,

Penny Johnson

Bonners Ferry, Idaho

Sincerely,





1 comment:

  1. i love these pictures penny! lyle looks great and i am so glad to hear that you plan on keeping him :) he won my heart when we were there too. such a handsome and kind boy :)

    ReplyDelete