Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Catching up!


Last month I took Legacy to a driving clinic where I learned how to properly "long line" Pictured here is the clinician, Terri Jones, a top ADS competitor. Legacy and I learned to communicate and I learned volumes......Legacy is in training to be my driving horse and this is all part of the process...I will keep sharing about how our journey progresses!

Kind of like Mutt and Jeff.....Krinkle Clown 14.2HH and Princess just a hair under 15.3HH



Since all my sale horses are now gone, I have the opportunity to start dedicated work to my remaining horses. Krinkle Clown will be put back under saddle for those lazy day trail rides, Legacy will be trained for driving, and Princess will go to our dressage trainer for her beginning of saddle training. I have alot of training to do on Princess first though...since I was not very physical last year I have to pay catch up now....but I LOVE it ;-) Today we worked on Princess standing tied, all nice a quiet, we did a complete grooming, fly spray and even a little time alone out of sight of Krinkles...all important steps to becoming a tried and true mount at Creekside. We will also consider putting Princess in harness, perhaps next summer, after saddle training this year....it is GOOD to have something to write about again on the RAC blog!
















4 comments:

  1. Good to see you back on the RAC blog! Do you have a timeline of when you can get back in the saddle? Princess is lovely...but then I am partial to bays. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow-- Princess has grown !! very nice-- does she live up to her name ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Krinkle Clown is such a cute looing horse! Love your pictures. Princes looks lovely and will look nice as dressage horse!

    ReplyDelete