Saturday, June 4, 2011

Happy Birtday Blaine

Hope you have a great Birthday!
Over here it is really warm (for Dutch standards;), I decided I would try and do something in the morning with the horses before it got too warm but when I was there and had Suri out and brushed ready to saddle her I decided it was too warm allready! I was allready sweating and so was she and we were just standing still. So I changed the plan and went for a walk along the road. I have not done this a lot with Suri yet, mainly just practiced in the field, so I thought this would also be a good step in our training getting ready for future trail rides! So not a 'ride with me' but a 'walk with me' for your Birthday today! We saw some water sprinklers (because it is so dry everyone is watering the gardens) so that was a good new thing to check out and she only looked at it but was not scared.

I have been making losts of progress with Suri, small steps but all going very well. I have cantered both directions now, steering is marvelous, I have also started riding without first lunging her and all of this is great!

With Voelie I have finally managed to get all the matts out of her forelock:):) It was quite a job but she is looking gorgeous again. Still her hair matts easily. I do a small portion everyday and when I am done with both sides and her forelock it is time to start again because it is matting again! The oil did not really do anything for her mane so I am looking for something new to try.
Her legs are looking great, the swelling is down and all is healing well. Still no idea what caused it but I am very pleased that she is looking so well.

So that's what I have been up to with my Curlies lately:) It is such nice weather that there is so much to do outside that I don't alow myself much time on the computer (have to prioritise sometimes when it's so bussy;) but I am sure reading the blog a lot!

1 comment:

  1. Jessica, great idea to take Suri for a walk! I am so glad you are enjoying her so much, and I am also glad that Voilie's legs are healing. Curly manes and forelocks can be a bear to keep clean and tangle free. ;| it is a beautiful day here today and I hope to get out and enjoy it later.

    ReplyDelete