Saturday, June 11, 2011

Riding in the Rain

Well, our plans for riding with our gaiting friends were foiled by the rain (for the third time!!), but since neither Ah-D nor I are made of sugar, we took a jaunt in the rain anyway. It was very low key, just a bareback pad and bridle, and I wore shorts and muck boots. That bareback pad is really comfy, and I just love wrapping my legs around my sweet Curly gelding as we meander here and there.
We checked out a new stone wall my brother in law is building, did some stream walking, scampered down a hill on the power line, and cantered up a slight incline. The first canter was rough and disjointed, so I mentioned that to AhD and we turned around and tried it again. Much better the second time, but a dite faster than I was asking for. Third time was a charm. That section of trail is kind of like my round pen, ha ha!
Just after that third Charmed Canter, I got a call on my cell from my oldest boy, who was on break from work. AhD was glad, because while we chatted, he ate a grass snack.
Here is a little video from our ride...Happy Trails RACers!

2 comments:

  1. LOL!!!! THIS was exactly like our ride today!! Good for you, Susan!! Guess I should post my rain ride too here eh? =] I loved hearing the rain -- you can really hear it on your video! We had a light rain and drizzle. Awesome to see you out and about with your trusty bud! Rain OR shine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your barebackpad! I am looking forward to using mine too, for now I still feel I need a saddle but I am going to try my balance in my barebackpad soon. Riding in the rain can be fun!

    ReplyDelete