Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Indoor Arena Time

Well late last week I got the results back from our Posse certification and we passed everything but the turn on the haunches. I knew that was going to be a tough one and set that as one of the my riding goals this year was to master the turn both ways on the rear. So lastnight we loaded Marley up in the trailer and hauled to a friends indoor arena where we met up with one other person who didn't completely pass either to get re-evaluated. I do have to say we are right on track with my one riding goal, I couldn't have asked for a prettier 360 turn on the rear going clockwise. Going the other way was a good effort but not as pretty. It is 6 months into the year and got one down, now we have the last 6 months to get the other way down now :) So we have officially passed our evaluation certification!!! I was so proud of him, he loves to work and have a job, and he tries so very hard to please. After I was done my 2 year old son got a ride too, he makes me nervous up there cause he doesn't like to hold onto the horn with both hands and sometimes none at all. But the folks that where there watching him ride said when he felt himself slipping to one side he would reposition himself to be balanced again and he loved to see himself riding in the mirrors. Still to nerve racking for me, but he loves to ride and it was a fight to get him down to finally go home. Sorry I don't have any pictures, I forgot my camera at home and my phone in the truck!

From reading alot of other posts it looks like just about everyone is dealing with this wet and severe weather from time to time. In MN we here too are also still knee deep in mud and water with no end of rain in sight for some time. Our family usually has a few good camping/trail rides in by this time but it hasn't happened yet either. I am just happy to see that despite the puddles everyone is still getting out and enjoying their horses.

Happy Riding Everyone!
Marley & Dana (MN)

5 comments:

  1. Good work Dana -- and listen .. I have the PERFECT pony for your son to learn to ride on .. he can ride safely AND look in the mirrors !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a feeling in the next year or 2 he is going to be wanting to ride himself. We are in the process of selling our house right now, so once we are settled, I will keep that in mind! We have only 3 horses and 4 riders so we will be looking soon, thanks so much for the offer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a fantastic goal and good for you! Sounds like you've got your hands full with a family and moving, so I think you've mastered quite a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congradulations on the certificate!
    You can send some of your rain over, we are having very dry weather, a bit too dry here in the Netherlands!

    ReplyDelete