Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Challenge!

Wow what a saddle challenge Linus is giving me. I took pictures and sizes into a local tack shop. The lady helping me loved his build. She loved his depth and high wither as she helped me with saddle girths and saddle pads.
I bought a used all purpose saddle (english) which is something I never thought I would do but its the perfect fit for him right now. When he's done he will, like his parents, need full quarterhorse bars in his western.
He got off the hook today for a trial ride since I had to return the girth as it wasn't long enough. He and Allie were full of it though and had a lot of fun today.
The crust of a round bale was in the pasture and Allie ran circles around it snorting and blowing. I let Linus go and he ran straight for it and right through it...thus immediately putting Allie at ease and making me laugh!
Now for the other challenge...there is a fair bit of fun and teasing rivalry already brewing for the November challenge. We don't know what we're in for but we know it will be fun! Free and fun...thinking that should be good motivation to sign up. So that had a few of us wondering why at the top of this page it says 100 riders participating and only 8 have entered (as of Denise's last email)
I'm fairly new to the RAC but all of you and the mini challenges have helped me to train Linus and gave me some awesome ideas I never would have known about.
There's still a few days to sign up...join the fun!!!
Donna & Linus
Ontario

9 comments:

  1. Donna, have I told you lately that I love you?

    p.s. you're still going down

    ReplyDelete
  2. No but you sure have told me a lot of other things...also along of you Thinking I'm going down next month!!
    Linus is supercharged...I was going to post a video of him strutting his stuff yesterday, but I didn't want you to get scared and back out of the competition. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha! You made me laugh! I'm surprised the video's of MY pony strutting his stuff at the beach didn't make you tuck your tail between your legs, keel over and give up on the spot.
    Angie is going to carry me, anyway, so it's her you have to be scared of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you seen what Dana and Marley have been up to this year? We are so ready! Dana is going away for a few days early in November so we're even giving you a head start!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finding the saddle is a hard thing, I guess :) Congrats Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello? Did I hear Donna is supercharging her sweet Linus....OK I am definitely going to start taking my Geritol for this challenge. Susan, those young whippersnappers like Donna and Dana cannot get the best of our experienced ladies{:> P.S. Maybe we should check out this new saddle Donna is wanting to use...it may be supercharged too{:>

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should see Linus in this cooler weather! He definitely needs no further supercharging! He got really fired up when I told him some curly Curlies thought they could beat him!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, Angie, vitamins: check, ibuprofin: check, metamucil: check, cane: check, hunter orange and jingle bells: check. I'm ready.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for reminding me of the Hunter Orange...and the metamucil{:> you are too funny{:>
    A

    ReplyDelete