Monday, October 10, 2011

Suri results

Today I got the results from Suri's bloodtest from the vet and she is all healthy, no deficiencies and no infections or any problems so it is a green light to start the training again! We celebrated this by having a nice run with the three of us (Voelie, Suri and me) through the field. They really enjoyed this and kept coming back form more and for some scratches in between. It was some nice quality time together!

The vet did suggest keeping Suri on a feed low in sugar because the type of horse easily has to much sugar in the feed (many feeds add things like molasses etc but this adds a lot of sugar which is not good for all horses) so this is something I will look into because it is allways beter to prevent any problems with this!

Now I will have to plan my riding with Suri because it is too dark to ride out in the evenings. My goal for the coming period is to take Suri for the first time to the indoor arena next door to get her accustomed to this so that we can continue our riding in this season. In the weekends I still plan to go out riding.

ps. I don't know anyone of you personally because I have never met any of you yet in person but if anyone is still looking for a team partner for the november mini challenge please let me know;)

2 comments:

  1. Jessica,
    I am glad that Suri is well. May you, Suri and Voelie have many good times together. The low sugar is a very prudent thing for all curly horses.
    Kind regards,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that Suri is alright! Succes met de training verder :-)

    ReplyDelete