Saturday, October 29, 2011

"Supercharged"

That title is for you Angie and after the short ride we had yesterday in the yard I can tell you Linus is definitely supercharged!
We started with groundwork under saddle so I could monitor the fit of the new saddle on him while he's moving. Looked great.
I brought over an old wooden box to use for mounting and what a help that was! We set off around the yard. I love this little ride we do. The lawn is like a park and its so serene. Reminds of the scen from Black Beauty where he talks about the pleasantness of Bertwick Park : )
We were having a great ride. I wore heavier denim jeans this time and it wasn't nearly as slippery! Then Allie really started flying around and calling for Linus. He got excited and wanted to go too but I am very proud to say he still respected me. I could feel him wanting to let loose but he did great. I eventually did dismount for safety. He's young and I don't want to set up a situation that could be avoided. I think we made the right choice in our saddle. He's much more comfortable in it. It will be more of an adjustment for me!
But we're definitely ready for November!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds good Donna, congradulations with your new saddle. I'm sure you will get used to it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna,
    I adore your photo of you and Linus. Please share it with us on Facebook.
    Yes, it is so hard for our fellas to listen to us when those beautiful ladies are calling their name but you know he respect you when he choose you other them.
    P.S. Good looking saddle{:>
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good saddle is so much worth it :) Enjoy! Best Caren

    ReplyDelete