Saturday, October 8, 2011

Successful Training Session


I had such a wonderful ride on Ah-D today. No, it was not a training session for my Curly, but rather one for the "pooples" - our two pups from this summer, Cameo and Willow. My horse was perfect! We had to go fairly slow and easy, with quite a few stops and rests so as not to overwork the pups, and Ah-D was in the perfect la-ti-da mood. I practiced with the timer on my camera and took a few woodsy photos.We did some stream walking.
Of course the dogs loved this part, too. It was so hot for October, I wanted Ah-D to be comfy in his thicker coat, so we spent some time in this cool area. I love how the water reflects the trees and sky.
You can see the two pups (who don't know enough yet to stay BEHIND the horse) in this video, and you can also see how my very, very good boy Ah-D is kind to them. Some of you who may remember how he used to go out of his way to be specifically UNKIND to my dogs, so this really warms my heart.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you all had a great time. Love the video's too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love all your wonderful colours :) Enjoy the wonderful weather as long as you have it :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job with the camera timer!! I was supposed to be getting mine figured out today. Had the camera out yesterday and turned it on and right when Stu was about to take a pic, the battery died!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It must be grat that Ah-D is now so kind wioth your dogs! He looks great in the videos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan,
    It is so very good that Ah-D now is kind to dogs. I know that this is hard for a horse to change and that it is based on Ah-D's trust in you. It is so wonderful when we can say of our horse, "You are faithful." Ah-D is that, faithful.
    Sincerely,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete