Sunday, October 2, 2011

The only way is UP (and down again)

Susan, thank you for your kind wishes! It was such a nice event, that last convention,and I am so happy we met!

This morning we did another trail ride. You can see Peter, my husband, doing the preparations.



Our trails are quite steep here, I guess you can see from the pictures that the horses really need to climb the mountains (what is a good thing for the hind quarters!).

We have some rivers to cross as well, and Lela developed into an "outdoor horse". When we entered the pasture this morning, she came running to us, so I think she REALLY enjoys it!

A lot of joggers, mountain bikers, hikers and nordic walkers crossed our way, but this is when the "real Curly" comes out ... Lela was calm all the time, though some mountain bikers even scared me!

So enjoy the pictures, like we enjoyed our trail ride this morning!

Best
Caren

3 comments:

  1. Your pictures capture the steepness of your trails! I actually took a video of Ah-d and me going down a steep part on our trails, but the videos wouldn't load. Maybe next time. You have such beautiful country to ride in! I hardly ever meet anyone on my trails, and that is not a bad thing. Can you ride on snowmobile trails in the winter there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, you are blessed :) There are really a lot folks around in this area, since the Road to Santiago passes and is part of our riding trails :) Snowmobiles are forbidden here, since this is a protected landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pictures Caren, what great landscape. Maybe somti,e I can travel over there for a ride. At least your place is possible to visit from the Netherlands!

    ReplyDelete