Thursday, October 13, 2011

Making Progress


Dear Reader,

This is the first time Lyle has accepted having his forehead rubbed from the saddle. This is the first time he has given my a true yield that is a true flex at the pole. this is the first time that he has not escaped into hyper flexion when I have attempted to do what you see in the picture. We are, together, making good progress.

Soon I hope to be able to report that Lyle and I are safely on the trails up here.

Thank you,

Penny Johnson

Kootenai Curly Horses

Bonners Ferry, Idaho

2 comments:

  1. It is so great to read about your progress with Lyle. I love how you don't take any of the steps for granted, even seemingly small steps are important in the training! I love reading about all the steps in the training!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Jessica when you read Bill Dorrance's book you will find so much help in it! He clearly states the right ways to do things with a horse. He explains all of the very small steps. By reading his teaching I learned that: 1. I did not know the right way to halter a horse and 2. I did not know how to lead a horse. He told me the right way to do these things. And doing it the right way works so much better.
    Penny

    ReplyDelete