Saturday, October 15, 2011

New pictures of Suri and Voelie!




Finally we had some sunny weather today and I remembered to bring my camera! As you can see the curls are coming again, especially on Voelie but the beginning of Curls is also visible on Suri!


Today I did some obstacles with Suri so that she remebers this kind of activity. We walked over plastic and I rubbed her all over with a plastic sheet (which always still upsets her a bit in the beginning but during the exercise she relaxes more), had the plastic on her, walked over the rubber mats and throuh narrow paths between machines (standing still). I also walked beside her over metal (which makes a lot of noise). We had a good time.


Here are some pictures of the girls in the field today.


















3 comments:

  1. Jessica,
    You would LVE Mr. Bill Dorrance's book "True Horsemanship Through Feel." I write this because your approach is very similar to his. Here is what is so interesting, Mr. Dorrance was an old time cowboy, a cattleman, a rancher and a horse breaker. Yet he teaches the same principle you are using.
    I love reading your journey with your two mares.
    Penny Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Penny, Mr. Bill Dorrance's book is allready on my wishlist since you mentionned it in one of your posts! That's is something I really like about the RAC, you get all kinds of tips on training, riding and books to read! There is so very much still to learn for me about horses, training and everything!

    ReplyDelete