Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Color Has Arrived!




~Susan and Didder in Maine ~ I took a page out of Dana’s book and played hooky Monday afternoon to ride with an old friend. Before I left work, I signed out “Back at 8 Tues – GOLFING” so today my boss signed out “Back at 8 Wed – RIDING.” Literally, overnight the fall colors emerged in my neck of the woods. I have never seen anything like it. Usually it comes on in a slow wave and leaves in a faster one, generally during a rainstorm. I really didn't think we were going to get any color this year. Here are some pictures for your enjoyment.


Check out this maple.


My Curly boy Didder was truly awesome. Jane and I were gabbing so much that I couldn't believe it when we scared up a big doe almost right beside us. She gave us a good show, running directly in front of us and bounding away through the woods. Other than in Acadia where the deer are tame, this was the closest we have come to deer. Ah-D didn't even flinch, Grace didn't chase, and Jane and I had a great view. Perfect.
Here's my buddy Jane on Ah-D's buddy Allie. Jane and I have been riding together since before high school and between us we have nine kids. So that is my excuse for gabbing. :)
This was a day to keep in the memory banks.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful colours! I love this time of year today and it is so much more comfortable for the horses!! Great day to play hooky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan,
    The colors are lovely. The horses are good. The dog was obedient. The friendship is wonderful. The conversation is interesting. The memories are precious. You and Jane are as close to heaven as any one can get in this world.
    Blessings,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Donna and Penny - I had a great time - heaven sent. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful colours. What a wonderful Lady. What an exeptional horse :) Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete