Sunday, October 23, 2011

...Growth...

After a month off from riding with Dad and Allie, we had a pretty good ride today. Linus has had it easy so it felt really good and very exciting to go for a ride. I had to use the haywagon to mount....he's getting so tall! Also with his growth I've noticed the saddle isn't fitting as well as it could. I removed the backstrap because it has gotten too tight and Linus is not a bronc! So I've spent a couple hours researching fits and saddles. I'm so glad Linus calmly let's me know something is wrong rather than putting up with it and getting bruised. If he let's me know its wrong then I get off and fix it. If its a problem that needs fixing at the farm I walk back and fix it. Once fixed, he carries on perfectly so I know it isn't a ploy for a break!
While riding through a field today Dad noticed and commented on how nicely Linus is coming along. He said you can really start to see that there is a whole lotta horse under me! I agreed...there is! Linus is starting to want more but we both aren't ready yet! But it was still a great compliment!
Overall, both horses did great today. They took turns leading and walked side by side. Linus gave Allie a nose-touch of support when we did our first ever cow herd check from horseback!
Fantastic Day!! Definitely ready to start kicking some Maine/Texas butt with my Minnesota pardner!

4 comments:

  1. Donna,
    Don't forget that if I can find a partner us old timers will be doing some butt kicking also. Remember, old age and dirty tricks trump youth, skill and talent every time!
    Anyway, now that I am done making a fool out of myself I wish you all well. I hope to in this thing also. I think that we will have a pretty good time.
    Kind regards and happy trails to ALL of us.
    Sincerely,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its all for laughs Penny. We don't even know yet what we'll be doing! But I am sure that we have fun at whatever it is! If you email Denise she can help you with a partner. It doesn't have to be someone in your division. Can be anyone at all in the RAC. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Smiles. Love to see Linus growing :) I guess you are growing both :) Best Caren

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw in the pictures with Linus and his saddle he does look so grown and mature!

    ReplyDelete