Sunday, October 2, 2011


October 1st - Happy Birthday, Caren my overseas friend! It was so nice to meet you at the ABCR meeting this year! Finally, fall weather is here in Maine. Ah-D was in quite the interesting mood this morning. He was very affectionate, laying his head on me and enjoying a face massage just before bridling. When I went to lift up the first hoof for cleaning, I could feel resistance in his leg, and then he bent right down and put that knee on the barn floor. Since he was kneeling, I let the foot go. He stood up, and then we did a complete repeat performance with the bow at the end. Silly boy! At the time, I really didn’t know what on earth got into him, but now this thick human is thinking that he doesn't like the Equipedic pad, which is ironic since I bought it specifically to give him the best comfort I could afford. The first time I rode him with it, he laid down in a field unexpectedly. That was fun. Ahhh, the memories I have with this horse! He makes me laugh! Back to the hoof cleaning, third time was a charm, and then he proceeded to lift all the other feet for me one by one without hesitation. Mr. Personality, for sure.

With the threat of rain looming overhead, Ah-D and I set out on the local trails. I planned on a short ride fairly close to home, exploring the new Jason’s Loop #4. Soon after we turned into the woods on Loop 2 the rain started pelting down, but lo and behold, it cleared up within five minutes and held off for the rest of the ride! It was a misty, dewy morning for sure, absolutely beautiful and peaceful. We meandered along here and there.We stream walked for a bit (see video at the end of this post), and then crossed to Jason’s :Loop #3. Just look at who we met up with! My nephew Jason himself, jeeping it along the same trail! Ah-D was taken aback to see a jeep on “his” trail and became a little snorty and high headed. We chatted awhile and then took off again, heading to the new loop #4 and the brand spanking new trail #5, created this morning to christen it. Love it!

1 comment:

  1. Wow what gorgeous pictures again Susan ... thank you for sharing them! These autumn mornings are wonderful, I agree!

    ReplyDelete