Sunday, March 3, 2013
Another Successful Day!
We practised the head between the legs to bow again today. This time I had some baby carrots for rewards! I'm not usually a treat-giver when training but the rewards are highly recommended for helping learn tricks so I'll see how it goes. One of the first things taught in the book is manners when it comes to your horse knowing you've got treats. And that's what Linus is doing in the picture above. I made him back up and then whoa. Then I backed away from him and he had to stay put until I clucked for him to come over. If he moved, then he was put back into place. This clicked for him almost instantly and I was very proud! Especially since I didn't tie Allie up and she was standing beside me which Linus doesn't usually like. He likes to make it known that I'm his human!! : )
I'm using the word "bow" while offering a treat a few inches behind (and between) Linus' forelegs. It's a work in progress but towards the end today he was starting to catch on from the command. It could take months to do it without a treat but I'm very pleased with how it's going so far and it's definitely giving him something more to think about!!
Sent from my BlackBerry® phone powered by Koodo Mobile®.
- ► 2015 (83)
- Beautiful Easter Ride!
- HaPpY BiRtHdaY JaNeEn!!!
- That moment, when get that connection makes you wa...
- Happy birthday Janeen!
- Bucky's training part 3
- Happy Bithday Janeen!
- Full on Spring!
- NIght before my birthday ride
- Happy Birthday Weekend Janeen!!!
- wouw .....perfect trial ride part 5!!
- Second After Work Ride of the Week!
- start bomproofing my curly!part 1
- hair, Hair, HAIR and making lemonade
- Janeen's Maine Birthday Ride
- Invitation to a Cyber Birthday Party Ride!
- Cowgirl or Girl fool with her horse.. you decide ;...
- Love the new game!
- Wild, Wild Wind!
- party is over!real training starts today!
- Announcing our 1st RAC Game for April!
- training Bucky
- Trial ride part 4
- Some days are...
- Road to the Horse 2013 in Lexington, KY Totally w...
- Calm Before The Storm?
- Dressage Training Day
- Totally off topic :)
- St. Patrick's Weekend Rides!
- Woody and Peter in the big arena!
- Facebook brings NY and KY,RAC-ers together at trai...
- The Really Great Outdoors
- A Special Day in My Life
- visions of spring
- The longest Winter ever!
- At Helsinki Horsefair with Yuma! Last weekend we...
- Sneaking a ride in before dark!
- Much Needed Weekend
- In Search of Views
- trial riding part 3!
- Peter and Woody - Riding
- Pleasantly Surprised!!!
- Sharing our adopted BLM Curly Mustang Stallion - O...
- Bridge work and Practicing dressage
- Not much going on here - we got 8 inches of snow! ...
- just walking...the dog???or....
- So you think Linus is curious?
- Three Robins and a Chipmunk
- Some Catching Up!!!
- Another Successful Day!
- All Around Firsts!
- Trial Ryding.......
- Step 1 and Promoting!
- Another ride on Woody today
- Busy, Beautiful Saturday!
- Heavy Snow
- Conditioning plans and another driving horse
- ▼ March (58)
- ► 2011 (1008)
- ► 2010 (477)
- ► 2009 (333)