Monday, March 18, 2013
Calm Before The Storm?
Linus was a bit wound up today when I first brought him out so I turned him around and put him right back in (it's set up as a 60' round pen for now) and we did some free lunging for about 10 minutes until he finally decided to settle in. He walked in to me and then he backed up and yielded his quarters nicely on both sides. So back out we went. I gave him a quick grooming. I'm really trying to not encourage shedding. We had some very mild weather and the last few nights have been back to double digits below zero. I had to lower my cinch on the billet side of the saddle - must be all that extra winter hair.....(Ha ha, ya right Lardo Linus!) Ah well, coming out of winter with a few extra pounds isn't the worst thing that could happen.
Linus was pretty tense at the start of our ride. He is itching to GO! So we did a fair amount of Whoa and back up. It didn't take him long to settle in to me because he knew at any second I could ask him to stop. Once he settled we had a nice, loose trot - I could trot for hours on this horse! We're limited to where we can go right now. There's so much mud but there are still some deep snow drifts too.
I was quite happy when we finished up at an easy walk on a long, loose rein. I hope it's not long before we can keep riding at least 3 or 4 days a week! I've got to get my butt in gear over the separation. I would ride so much more if I could get Linus happily away from Allie long enough to enjoy it!
Donna & Linus
Sent from my BlackBerry® phone powered by Koodo Mobile®.
- ► 2015 (83)
- Beautiful Easter Ride!
- HaPpY BiRtHdaY JaNeEn!!!
- That moment, when get that connection makes you wa...
- Happy birthday Janeen!
- Bucky's training part 3
- Happy Bithday Janeen!
- Full on Spring!
- NIght before my birthday ride
- Happy Birthday Weekend Janeen!!!
- wouw .....perfect trial ride part 5!!
- Second After Work Ride of the Week!
- start bomproofing my curly!part 1
- hair, Hair, HAIR and making lemonade
- Janeen's Maine Birthday Ride
- Invitation to a Cyber Birthday Party Ride!
- Cowgirl or Girl fool with her horse.. you decide ;...
- Love the new game!
- Wild, Wild Wind!
- party is over!real training starts today!
- Announcing our 1st RAC Game for April!
- training Bucky
- Trial ride part 4
- Some days are...
- Road to the Horse 2013 in Lexington, KY Totally w...
- Calm Before The Storm?
- Dressage Training Day
- Totally off topic :)
- St. Patrick's Weekend Rides!
- Woody and Peter in the big arena!
- Facebook brings NY and KY,RAC-ers together at trai...
- The Really Great Outdoors
- A Special Day in My Life
- visions of spring
- The longest Winter ever!
- At Helsinki Horsefair with Yuma! Last weekend we...
- Sneaking a ride in before dark!
- Much Needed Weekend
- In Search of Views
- trial riding part 3!
- Peter and Woody - Riding
- Pleasantly Surprised!!!
- Sharing our adopted BLM Curly Mustang Stallion - O...
- Bridge work and Practicing dressage
- Not much going on here - we got 8 inches of snow! ...
- just walking...the dog???or....
- So you think Linus is curious?
- Three Robins and a Chipmunk
- Some Catching Up!!!
- Another Successful Day!
- All Around Firsts!
- Trial Ryding.......
- Step 1 and Promoting!
- Another ride on Woody today
- Busy, Beautiful Saturday!
- Heavy Snow
- Conditioning plans and another driving horse
- ▼ March (58)
- ► 2011 (1008)
- ► 2010 (477)
- ► 2009 (333)