Thursday, March 7, 2013
Bridge work and Practicing dressage
After yesterday's drive I had a thought..I need to be practicing an even pace. In dressage, an even pace is one of the first things you need to establish. I had been a bit lax and let Legacy speed up a bit when we make 10m turns, so, today, we practiced keeping an even speed. For a horse to keep an even speed, even through the corners, they must remain balanced in their body. Today's drive was splendid! a nice even pace, with a balanced horse in front of me was a pleasure.....We drove for about 1/2 hr....and did alot of trot work. One of our neighbors shot at a coyote while we were working...Legacy had a bit of a startle, but she handled it well. We continued walking to help relax her. She is such a sweet heart...I love her dearly!
Posted by Linda @ Creekside Curlies at 10:54 PM
- ► 2015 (83)
- Beautiful Easter Ride!
- HaPpY BiRtHdaY JaNeEn!!!
- That moment, when get that connection makes you wa...
- Happy birthday Janeen!
- Bucky's training part 3
- Happy Bithday Janeen!
- Full on Spring!
- NIght before my birthday ride
- Happy Birthday Weekend Janeen!!!
- wouw .....perfect trial ride part 5!!
- Second After Work Ride of the Week!
- start bomproofing my curly!part 1
- hair, Hair, HAIR and making lemonade
- Janeen's Maine Birthday Ride
- Invitation to a Cyber Birthday Party Ride!
- Cowgirl or Girl fool with her horse.. you decide ;...
- Love the new game!
- Wild, Wild Wind!
- party is over!real training starts today!
- Announcing our 1st RAC Game for April!
- training Bucky
- Trial ride part 4
- Some days are...
- Road to the Horse 2013 in Lexington, KY Totally w...
- Calm Before The Storm?
- Dressage Training Day
- Totally off topic :)
- St. Patrick's Weekend Rides!
- Woody and Peter in the big arena!
- Facebook brings NY and KY,RAC-ers together at trai...
- The Really Great Outdoors
- A Special Day in My Life
- visions of spring
- The longest Winter ever!
- At Helsinki Horsefair with Yuma! Last weekend we...
- Sneaking a ride in before dark!
- Much Needed Weekend
- In Search of Views
- trial riding part 3!
- Peter and Woody - Riding
- Pleasantly Surprised!!!
- Sharing our adopted BLM Curly Mustang Stallion - O...
- Bridge work and Practicing dressage
- Not much going on here - we got 8 inches of snow! ...
- just walking...the dog???or....
- So you think Linus is curious?
- Three Robins and a Chipmunk
- Some Catching Up!!!
- Another Successful Day!
- All Around Firsts!
- Trial Ryding.......
- Step 1 and Promoting!
- Another ride on Woody today
- Busy, Beautiful Saturday!
- Heavy Snow
- Conditioning plans and another driving horse
- ▼ March (58)
- ► 2011 (1008)
- ► 2010 (477)
- ► 2009 (333)