Friday, March 8, 2013
I had the most wonderful ride with Shya and Pickles today! Instead of the normal: Mark on Pickles and me on Shya,, it was me on Pickles and my friend, Lara, on Shya. Neither one of our girls has been ridden by anyone other than us since we have had them. I have only ridden Pickles maybe 3 times and Mark has ridden Shya once; so I was a bit leery about shaking things up. We arrived at the parking area, tacked the girls up and hopped on. To my amazement, neither girl seemed to even notice that they had different riders. I figured Pickles would be fine, Shya was the one I worried about. I glanced over at Lara and Shya and could not believe it. Shya was totally relaxed, ears forward and moving off without a problem. She was acting as if I was on her back, not someone new. Lara asked her to trot and Shya did so without any hesitation. Wow, amazed! When we first got Shya she was deathly afraid to ride next to any horse, especially Pickles (Pickles is in charge in the pasture and will go off on Shya at the drop of a hat). I have slowly worked with her on this and now we can ride next to other horses, but always by my demand, never on her own. To my surprise, she walked next to Pickles for the majority of the ride today, all on her own! They even trotted side by side without any problem. Pickles was wonderful. I didn't push her real hard but she did her smooth lope for me a couple of times. She had a hard head when we first got her so I was surprised to learn that she gives to pressure now. Good job Mark! I am totally amazed how far both of these girls have come. What a pleasant surprise!
- ► 2015 (83)
- Beautiful Easter Ride!
- HaPpY BiRtHdaY JaNeEn!!!
- That moment, when get that connection makes you wa...
- Happy birthday Janeen!
- Bucky's training part 3
- Happy Bithday Janeen!
- Full on Spring!
- NIght before my birthday ride
- Happy Birthday Weekend Janeen!!!
- wouw .....perfect trial ride part 5!!
- Second After Work Ride of the Week!
- start bomproofing my curly!part 1
- hair, Hair, HAIR and making lemonade
- Janeen's Maine Birthday Ride
- Invitation to a Cyber Birthday Party Ride!
- Cowgirl or Girl fool with her horse.. you decide ;...
- Love the new game!
- Wild, Wild Wind!
- party is over!real training starts today!
- Announcing our 1st RAC Game for April!
- training Bucky
- Trial ride part 4
- Some days are...
- Road to the Horse 2013 in Lexington, KY Totally w...
- Calm Before The Storm?
- Dressage Training Day
- Totally off topic :)
- St. Patrick's Weekend Rides!
- Woody and Peter in the big arena!
- Facebook brings NY and KY,RAC-ers together at trai...
- The Really Great Outdoors
- A Special Day in My Life
- visions of spring
- The longest Winter ever!
- At Helsinki Horsefair with Yuma! Last weekend we...
- Sneaking a ride in before dark!
- Much Needed Weekend
- In Search of Views
- trial riding part 3!
- Peter and Woody - Riding
- Pleasantly Surprised!!!
- Sharing our adopted BLM Curly Mustang Stallion - O...
- Bridge work and Practicing dressage
- Not much going on here - we got 8 inches of snow! ...
- just walking...the dog???or....
- So you think Linus is curious?
- Three Robins and a Chipmunk
- Some Catching Up!!!
- Another Successful Day!
- All Around Firsts!
- Trial Ryding.......
- Step 1 and Promoting!
- Another ride on Woody today
- Busy, Beautiful Saturday!
- Heavy Snow
- Conditioning plans and another driving horse
- ▼ March (58)
- ► 2011 (1008)
- ► 2010 (477)
- ► 2009 (333)