Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Bath, Bugs, R&R

So, our internet came back on just long enough for me to do my last post then back off. GRRR. I just got off the phone with their customer service, we're fixed up and they now know that I think while dial-up may be slower it is definitely more reliable than their high speed service!! High speed that won't even load my videos on here!!!
That's my rant for the day. I've given Linus some more really light days and have just let him enjoy the nice weather. We fenced a new spot for him so that he has more room to graze and more grass to graze on! I put some of his new harness on him in the field yesterday, once I punch some new holes into it, it will be adjustable to fit him now. I'm so excited about that. A bit of nerves too, but he always is the one surprising me with his willingness to accept new things.
I'll have to scan the newspaper article and get a copy of it on here too. I also have to print out some new logging forms and mini-challenge check list because Owen (nearly 2) thought it was a great piece of paper to scribble on!
We did accomplish a bath on Sunday. He handled it much better than the last one I gave him. He didn't try to line up with the hose this time and blast it if he could! He very much loves the plastic scrub brush. He had his head and neck stretched out while I scrubbed him. I have attached a picture of his soggy self.
At night I bring him back to his regular paddock because we haven't livened the wire where he is out front. He doesn't bother with it but I would rather him be closer to the house. The other picture below is of me going out to bring him back up. As you can see he was very wild to catch. Bonus points for haltering with both horse and me lying down??? lol. He had no halter on him when I went to get him. I sat with him for quite a while and he rested his head on me and fell asleep. My husband was there so he took some pictures for me. I've sat like this with cows before at shows but never really thought a horse would stay lying down when approached. He sure tugs at the heart strings!!
It's not going to be as hot today as it was yesterday here so I will try to get him through a few more challenges. First, the fly spray bottle!! That should be one of the challenges!! He hates the spray bottle, but he is getting more and more used to it. Maybe he is catching on that after the horrible, white bottle goes away (after so viscously attacking him!!) so do the bugs!


2 comments:

  1. The picture of you two snuggling in the field is SUPER! You should have it framed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so happy that my husband was there. He took some really good pictures, even one with Linus wearing my hat! Definitely going to frame at least one.

    ReplyDelete