Monday, May 17, 2010

Dirty horse....Clean horse!!

It was absolutely beautiful in Michigan this past weekend! Saturday was consumed with the mundane house chores, but Sunday was designated "horse day" for me! I started out by putting the horses out on nice green pasture while I completely cleaned the barn. Swept it all down and then even sprayed it with the hose. Then I cleaned all the manure out of the field with the wheelbarrow and pitch fork! Great exercise.

Then I brought the horses back over and decided it was bath time! Billy was first. Every year I dread this task! It is not so much the bath as it is getting through his mane! I am not good at keeping up with it during the winter, so every spring it is a battle to get through the matts and fight the urge to just shave it off! Usually, I let Billy eat while I bathe him. But, this year I decided that he could stand patiently and not eat. And he did awesome!! I guess all the work we have been doing on respect is finally paying off. He stood like a soldier! I was very proud of him. I was shocked at how much mane I pulled out of him. I always think that there is going to be nothing left when it dries, but there is always an abundance left over! I have to stop on the way home from work today and get the oil for his hair so he is not quite so frizzy.















And, this is how Billy says "Thanks Mom for the bath!!" What a stinker!!!

2 comments:

  1. Billy and AhD speak the same language because that is EXACTLY how AhD thanks me for a bath, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me crazy!! I have learned to keep him on the grass until he is completely dry! My QH, she is a princess and she does not like to roll after a bath and she just stands there and looks at Billy with such disgust! Boys will be boys!

    ReplyDelete