Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Following Denise's rules

Well being an old die hard I thought I would kill a bunch of birds with one stone, I should have kown better!!!!!!!!! The rain was coming down and I had invited my brother and his friend who raises chicken flavored horses called Arabians. I went out to get Curly boy up and in all the years I have had him, never a problem to get him out of the pasture, never!! To make a long story short I sent the brother and his friend out on a couple of my horses and two hours later I joined them after I convinced Curly boy it was alright to be caught in the rain. Well we crossed bodies of water and drug our tapaderos in the mud. We opened gates on horseback and did a four hour ride in the rain. Argued with Canadian geese and a large skunk. They were all wondering what we were doing in the rain. By the way Denise that was 2 weeks ago and I still have a cold, Curly doesn't but I do. My brothers friend fell in love with my Nakota Curly cross and wants to keep riding him on weekends when he can make it here.
Thanks Denise for the wonderful idea, we had a great and wonderful ride but it was raining to hard to take my camera out, but my saddle fits my butt better now after all the rain.
Harold

2 comments:

  1. Harold, Harold....doesn't your wife, Denise keep an eye on you?? ha! You are so silly...but awesome!!!!! I don't even know how to remark on the rest of your post, I laughed so hard. Thank you for starting my day with a smile. =]We miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harold you are hilarious! Your comment about "Chicken flavored horses" - insulting, but nontheless funny. Guess Curly Boy feels the same way about riding in the rain as AhD feels about riding in snowstorms. Harold, you seem to have forgotten the old adage "Everything in moderation." Did you win or lose the fight with the big skunk?

    ReplyDelete