Saturday, May 29, 2010

Crunch Time in Texas


Okay, we are headed into the home stretch and I really am good at procrastination. I feel justified in this instance as Autumn, my chosen mount, has been "off" since this challenge started. So I have finally bitten the bullet and will share what we can do as she still seems a little gimpy on her left fore. It shows up in this clip of her lunging/circling at walk, trot and canter.

Squeeze game is a piece of cake. She willingly squeezes backwards too!

It is hot and dry in Texas this summer and the only rain we have had in the verdant Pineywoods has been at night so no riding in the rain. But we did the bath thing and wet the tarp so it had puddles .




Autumn has not been off the farm for a couple of years but has remembered her lessons in self loading in the trailer. Backing off is a little scary still but she is up for the task.



I had my usual help while I am messin' with horses. Otter, the border collie just doesn't know how I could do all this without her.

Okay, enough for this session! But the weekend is still young!

1 comment:

  1. Diane,
    Great photos and videos. I understand about the rain....when we get it here it comes with tornado warnings so I haven't the courage to saddle up and brace for the winds....hope you have a wonderful weekend.
    Angie

    ReplyDelete