Tuesday, May 25, 2010

SQueeZE

It would appear that the last week for the May mini-contest is going to be a doozie!! It's so freakin' hot here right now. I get heat stroke very easily so as a general rule I don't work animals in heat that I cannot myself handle. Today was one of those days. I am still searching for a good outdoor shelter for Linus to put on his front pasture so he can have more shade. I put him in the barn today. It was cooler and there was a nice breeze going through. Just as I was thinking it would be a write off day for points it hit me that I had just accomplished a task and would be repeating it when I put Linus back out in the evening!! This was to walk him through the tight, enclosed area. Had I included the pictures with Linus they would all have been of his nose...famous curly pose right?? Too curious about the camera to have their photos taken!! So the pictures include one of the barn door, then the alley and yes, finally we did go through the small door at the end. He knows that's the alley where the feed is kept; both his and for the cows, so he doesn't mind the closed in space because he is more worried about what he can steal a bite out of!!
He is now happily back outside in the shade. We are supposed to get a storm tonight and I hope we do and that it clears the air!! It's so humid!!
I'm ready for the rest of May now though, I went through my mini-contest forms and crossed off what doesn't apply to us, filled in what I had done today and yesterday and put the Ground Division page on top since that is mostly what I have left to attack!!! Saturday afternoon and Sunday will likely be my best chances of getting anything accomplished. Maybe tomorrow if it isn't too hot.
Good luck during CRUNCH time everybody!!!!





1 comment:

  1. Donna, we are hot here in Texas too and it's still May! You guys are doing great. Sounds like Linus trusts you and he shares my Curly J's desire for food{:> Angie

    ReplyDelete