Monday, May 31, 2010

Texas Memorial Day Trail Ride with Curls and Wildflowers

Hello from North East Texas,
Video:  Texas Trail Ride with Curls and Wildflowers
 My friend Levi and I decided to take a trail ride from our ranch to the small community center in our area known as Warsaw. Our neighbor has 100 acres of beautiful forest so we had an awesome adventure with native wildflowers....and what better way to cool off in the Texas heat than a nice walk in through the woods.
On our five mile trail ride and we saw an old wooden structure that we decided was an old pig pen; because it wasn't big enough for livestock larger than a pig to fit in it.  It was strange to see it in what we thought we was the "middle of nowhere" but at one time it must have been somewhere to someone.
After a few more miles we took a break under a nice shady old oak tree. Chester and Curly J welcomed the chance to relax and munch a bit.
As the sun started to go down we realized it was time to head back. I cannot think of a better way to spend Memorial Day than in the saddle with a good horse and a good friend 
Happy Memorial Day to all my RAC friends,
Angie and Curly J

3 comments:

  1. Angie, I love finding treasures in the woods like this. The Maine wildflowers are abundant right now; I will have to send you pictures of mine so we can compare. We also have black eyed Susans, but they look a bit different. I like your friend's saddle decoration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. and who is he riding? With a halter and leadrope?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan,
    Levi is riding our Curly Stallion, Chester{:>
    Please send the photos....I'd love to see them. All my best,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete