Monday, May 17, 2010

Challenges

We have had tons of fun trying to accomplish our long list of tasks. Here is a picture of Khatmoondhu - my 3 year old gelding, getting a bath. It was nice and hot out and he loved it. Actually, he loved eating the lawn.

The next pix is of his brother, my 2 year old gelding Timbuktu, standing on a tarp. Both he and his brother did this task without any hesitation - in fact they tried pawing and chewing on the tarp when my back was turned.

I have been working on the rest of the list, but without the aid of a photographer - I tried to take my own pictures while self loading and all I got was a bunch of blurry horse flesh. I'll see if I can wrangle my husband into helping out.

2 challenges down - 4 thousand to go.......

Oh, here's another task accomplished - the jumping of a cross rail - okay, so it's a vertical. This is one more picture that I didn't include in my latest post of Traveler and I. (I have over 100 pix of us at the event, see - I really am limiting myself to only showing a few of them.)

Alright - here's one more. This is the water jump we are coming out of. We had to canter through a stream and jump the logs on the other side. I don't know if this picture really counts, as you can't see the stream. But if you look really closely you can see the water coming off of Traveler's right front leg. (I will post the video clip of us going through the water as soon as it comes in the mail.)

As for riding some place new - the event was held at the Northwest Equestrian Center in Rainer, WA. It's an absolutely beautiful place and I was very fortunate to be able to attend. Here's a view of the place - the dressage arenas. Oh, to have grass that green.

1 comment:

  1. Howdy Liz! Looks like you are having a blast with your horses. Just a reminder to you and everyone, that your points for this challenge only count while doing them with your 'specified' curly. For you, that would be Traveler. Certainly doesn't mean that you can't do the tasks with your other horses and in fact, I recommend it! =] Just be sure on your form if you fill out the points that it only be for the special curly you chose to do this challenge with. Also, each task must be done individually - meaning, if I got on a 5 group ride AND also ride with someone new, you can't count both those points in the same ride. This encourages the riders to get out more, while accomplishing a task each time.

    **Remember, this is a CHALLENGE. =] I'm trying to stretch everyone a bit. =]

    Any questions, please let me know. Just trying to make sure everyone's points are counted equally. Thanks everyone!

    ReplyDelete