Friday, May 21, 2010

More of Denise's ideas

Just so you know Susan my brother and his friend from up north came down to ride some Curlies again today. The left their chicken flavored horses and rode Curlies, how is that?????(arabians that is) My brothers friend is a trainer and he just loves the way my curly Black hawk responds to him.
We followed some of Denise's rules but not a lot of them we just didn't have time but we did start a camp fire three hours from home and cook our lunch and I also brought a snack for the horses so they would be happy. We had a great day for the ride and we had some sunshine and some rain and some wind and wonderful temps.
The highlight of my ride was trying to roundup a Badger, this is the second one I have seen in this area in my life so it was exciting but Curly boy did not like it at all, the badger won. Also to my dismay a couple of turkeys scared the crap out of Curly too, he almost dumped me but fear of the ground kept me in the saddle not experince. We had a total of six and a half hours on the saddle so we were good and tired, all of us that is.
Great Ride thanks Denise for the wonderful lunch.
Harold

No comments:

Post a Comment