Sunday, May 30, 2010

Various Tricks and Tasks





Deadlines approaching-- in the last few days we got in a nice long trot in the rain, some comedy routines in the small arena, a long distance ride with me, in the saddle using "sort of" someone else's horse -- and hmmmnn what else ?? Lots to report -- Since it's down to the wire- I'll just try to list them all as best as I can and as short and sweet as possible :)



Rain ride -



















A quick trot on the trail while chatting up some horsey friends -- 2 with Curlies purchased from me.. one with a non-curly. I've mentioned to Denise how difficult this is for me - as my elderly eyes cannot see the numbers on the phone without glasses and I can't ride with glasses or I'd be dizzy :)







Fiona is learning to be a good sport...




Now this video is strictly for the points !!





When we returned - Zoe and I went up to the small arena to play around. Me and Fee - Zoe and Queen. Zoe already posted her report.. I need to process some of her video yet -- so I'll get that posted tomorrow !






We worked on the ground and under saddle with a swiftly put together 'flag'.

















We bought some balloons at the grocery store -- they were very small and not so easy to inflate -- they did make a pretty good pop but no spooks. I can't remember if we were supposed to pop balloons in the saddle.. but I wanted to try anyway. the first time the balloon kind of ppphhhlllfffttt'd... which struck my funnybone ... we did get a pop the second time.












Bridges and backing ~~ Fiona can back now but not in a straight line... in the 'L' -- she improved over the four tries from horrible to fair to not too bad for a green horse. :)

























We had a sunny windy day half way up the mountain for lunch -- mark this as the FIRST time ever I have dismounted my horse to sit and eat... typically when Zoe and I head out - we are in the saddle until we return home.














Fiona thought she wanted sandwich but decided a huge mouthful of grass was better













I did take some video up here of the view -- but none of the actual lunching :)











For the task of riding a horse I do not own .. I checked with the boss and she agreed that I could count a horse I do own but have never ridden. Here's a horse I have owned for only a few days -- Splash Dancer --





Video of both Zoe and I riding the new man on the farm.

This list of completed challenges is getting longer than I thought it would be --

Time to quit for now and will add more tomorrow on the last day :) Today... I finally had the chance for my birthday ride (which kept getting postponed due to weather) and it was AWESOME !! so .. there are some photo's and video from that.. and Fiona self loaded but for some reason the camera did not document that feat-- she was perfect too-- she loaded for the first time in her life for a trip off the farm tacked up. What a good girl :)

Enjoy for now ~

1 comment:

  1. Nice to see your posts again! Your new man is handsome and Fiona seems to be lookin' good as Keri's backup. I am looking forward to hearing about your birthday ride, too.

    ReplyDelete