Friday, May 21, 2010

Sweet Evening Ride

Well Harold, I didn't do anything exciting like round up a badger, ride over six hours or cook my lunch, but AhD and I did have a short and sweet evening ride together. Oh, except for the part where a roosting turkey took off and jumped the both of us. That part wasn't sweet, but the rest of it was. I haven't been able to get much riding time in at all, so I savored every moment and enjoyed my buddy. The lilacs smelled wonderful as we set out, and the woods smelled fresh and clean as AhD sailed along.

Grace stuck with us like glue, and I never have to worry any more that AhD will kick her. The further we headed into the woods, the less I could see, so I had to let go and trust my pony and God bring us safely home. The night crickets were singing as we rode in. I unbridled AhD from my knees, just to follow a Denise Rule, and then we worked together on softness at the back up and turning on the forehand. I'm hoping AhD and I will be able to squeeze in another trail ride tomorrow morning at the crack of dawn; wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. High Susan, I hope you made it out for a ride this morning. You sure are right it does smell dagnabid good out and about in the spring weather.
    I am a little worried though if I keep following Denise's rules I am going to get fat eating all those lunch's over an open fire on the trail.
    I have been having a great time and hope the weather holds for a nice spring and summer. Another month and I will be putting up hay so I will be very buisy.
    Have a great ride.
    Harold

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan,
    Oh how lucky you are to enjoy the wonderful smells Mother Nature offers us....and the sounds of crickets are better than our local Symphony to my ears{:>
    Yahoo, I love that you and AhD are bridling while kneeling....a little different prospective ......but what an offer of trust our Curly friends give to us...may you travel lots more trails with your good friend AhD,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Angie and Harold, seems every season holds its special wonders to appreciate, doesn't it! I should refer back to the wicked cool Denises's Rules list to see if Night Riding qualifies. Maybe I'll get a few points! Yes, I did get out for a early Saturday ride, and it was WONDERFUL! I have met some more of Denise's Rules, but I need to draft a photographer helper so I can show them off. Also, it has to be someone other than my husband who I swear only likes to take a$$ shots, or you will all see how middle age has effected me. Harold, maybe you and I should go on a diet together. You can bring a salad for your lunch on the trail. Denise, thank you for setting up this contest, I LOVE your rules!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lady you are too funny{:>
    Harold can I bring my lunch and join you and Susan for a Sunday trail and lunch?
    Angie

    ReplyDelete