Thursday, May 6, 2010
Wind and Rain
Well, we didn’t INTEND on riding in the wind and rain, but a storm blew up while we were tacking up.
Didder got that wild look in his eyes before we even headed out, and I couldn’t help being a bit nervous, especially after seeing him charge all around the yard earlier when I let them out for fresh grass. I relaxed, breathed and smiled. AhD did too.
We took Jason’s Loop and did some stream walking. AhD played in the water and was alert, but he was not On Full Alert – a big difference. He was responsive and willing, and I gave him lots of praise and neck rubs. It helped ease my nervousness. I was expecting HIM to be spooky with the crazy wind, so my imagination started running away with me, but I successfully quelled that nasty ol’ fear. Whew! We crossed the powerline and headed into a mucky point. Ian’s pony decided he would rather take Ian through the saplings instead of walk through the deep muck. It didn’t set well with Ian, and he became sullen and bad tempered over the issue. Teenagers! It started to rain, and we headed for home, but, hey, I get some extra points! I just ignored my spawn and concentrated on my spunky Didder. Look what greeted us as we arrived home! Oh, I haltered AhD on my knees after the ride, and it was noooo problem! I let him graze on some sweet lawn clover as a reward. Maybe next ride I will try bridling him on my knees. I love my handsome Curly!
- ► 2015 (83)
- ► 2013 (442)
- ► 2011 (1008)
- The Finale
- Curly J -says it's a great morning for a quick dip...
- Texas Memorial Day Trail Ride with Curls and Wildf...
- Curly J is learning to neck rein
- Curly J walks across a homemade bridge....Golden C...
- American Flag and American Curly - Memorial Day 20...
- Last thing in the chllange
- end of a great challenge ~
- Trying something NEW !
- Donna & Linus, Final Post of the Challenge
- Last day of the challenge and Billy and I have had...
- Terri & Reggie..more. =]
- I'm back with more to report
- Various Tricks and Tasks
- More from East Texas
- It's Bubble Bath time with Curly J
- Laurie and Pyewacket in the May challenge
- A new bit for Curly J
- A Curly owner rides a beautiful Quarter Horse........
- Ground Work - Curly J and barrels
- First Post Ever!!!!
- Wading in Poland Springs
- Crunch Time in Texas
- Too much to do -- so little time :)
- Balloons, Bikes and Bugs
- We Didder-ed It!!!
- Over the Mountain
- Linus says "Make My Day"
- Sqeeze ....Curly J
- Saddle UP
- A Noisy Trail Riding Partner
- Curly J asks.....Is it water? Nope it's a tarp.
- Finally Some Time for Challenges
- Curly J and I ride someplace new.....and practice ...
- "Ride with Me Ride" in Texas Tuesday, May 25, 4pm ...
- Happy Birthday Linus!!
- More trailriding
- Left, Right, Left, Right - Hoof pickin' with Curly...
- Points for Pictures!
- Curly J - Picnic and Trail Ride
- Good Times
- A Windy Day in Texas with a Curly Friend
- Reggie & Terri (bath)
- Riding in the Rain... Sun... no Rain, again
- Sweet Evening Ride
- More of Denise's ideas
- Still practicing!
- Following Denise's rules
- Trotting our Figures 8's and letting our Golden Cu...
- Bath, Bugs, R&R
- Dirty horse....Clean horse!!
- Walking through the rain puddles with the one I lo...
- Rain Puddle Party
- Maddy & Shadow
- Terri & Reggie
- Bridling Curly J while kneeling for RAC competitio...
- Horse√ Buggy√ Harness√
- Jump it like it's on Fire
- Open Sesame - and open & close Gate with Curly J a...
- Curly J Haltering while kneeling
- My first BLOG
- Practice, practice, practice!
- Internet has returned to the Boonies!!
- First things in the may mini contest.
- The Adventures Continue....
- Golden Curls Ranch - Open House with trainer David...
- First Ride in May
- Blustery Days - rides and drives
- Wind and Rain
- So glad it was windy!!!
- Windy Day In Hokah, MN
- Super FUN!!!
- "In the game" with Reese!
- May contest challenges
- Back in the RAC!
- Something New
- This is going to be a FUN month.. this challenge ...
- Wonderful Weekend
- Curly *AhD 'n Me, First Challenge Post
- What we have been up to.........
- ▼ May (85)
- ► 2009 (333)