Monday, May 31, 2010

Terri & Reggie..more. =]

Here goes! Reggie (Max) and I got the balloon popping done which he really did not like he walked off in the yard and I had to catch him! Thank goodness for it being fenced! Anyway put a tarp down and the wind caught it just as I was going to lead him over it and he did not do a thing! I laid it back down and he just followed my over it like it was not even there! I got the sled out and drug it along side of me and had him walking on the other side and he looked at it but that was it he was ok with it! He was a bit hyped up after the balloons though so I lunged him in the roundpen before I got on. I got him to put his head down while I haltered him from my knees he is so great! Never had a horse like this ever! I also got him to bridle from my knees too! Wish I would have had someone to ride a bike but oh well. I worked on refining his neck reining and he did super! Also got him to do trotting poles then put the last one up leaning on the side of the round pen to see if I could get him to jump on the end of the line. Well he did great on the 3 poles then I took one board and put the one end on it and the other end leaning on the side of the pen. So now got him into a trot and he trotted the pole then the jump to like a high trotting pole! nice elevation in the trot he looked soooo cool! So I put the one pole closer so it was like a ground line and then he jumped it like and oxer! He did awesome! I got like 2 steps of side pass and some leg yield too but not enough to count :0(! Oh well! can't wait for the next challenge and now I can go back to logging riding miles hours working on the dressage and trail miles as well as the speed shows! Thanks Denise for setting this up it was a great challenge and fun to boot! I am realizing how truly smart and versatile these curlies are! Oh also had a chance to watch Craig Cameron on RFDTV doing a heading and healing roping clinic found out there is a lot more too it than I thought! A bit speedy for me but very interesting none the less!

No comments:

Post a Comment