Thursday, May 20, 2010

Still practicing!

Billy and I have been practicing our hind pivots nightly. I was really excited about this video and even sent Denise an email saying "wait until you see our pivot!" But, now that I am watching it...it's not so good. :-( It is better than they were, but Billy is still moving his front feet. So we are going to go back to practicing until I get those front feet to stick like glue to the ground. I am so happy that we have gotten this far with the pivots. Denise's advice to me was right on. As you can see, I really over-exaggerate what I am asking, but he gets it.

Other great news....I have been cantering Billy everytime I ride! This is huge for me! It started out with two strides of canter and now we are up to a full circle of canter! It is so freeing to be able to do this. I am hoping to get on the trail this weekend and practicing cantering.

Watch the video. And remember, I am open to everyone's suggestions on how to make this better.


2 comments:

  1. Are you kidding? THAT WAS AWESOME!!! With this obviously the final goal is for front legs to remain still, BUT, I am happy to give task points for slight movement like this...heck, mine was worse! LoL. You have made awesome progress, Laura. Good for you and great job, billy!!!Also so wonderful about the canter! Keep it up..and thanks for allowing us to share in your excitement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. You can actually count points for the one task, "taking advice from a friend and implementing it." =]

    ReplyDelete