Monday, May 3, 2010
This is Linus investigating the platform I brought over on the wheelbarrow. It was a great indicator that he was so curious already!!
In December, when I had only had Linus for about 2.5-3weeks, we went to a nearby farm that was hosting a Parelli play-date. While there, Linus absolutely hated the platform. Lynn may have (can't remember if she got all 4's), but I definitely could not get him to go over the platform. As I said in my last post, I was very concerned about the platform. Turns out, I had nothing to worry about. My platform was at one time used angled across a corner in the barn for feeding hay. The platform part prevented the animals' feet getting in the feeder and the open parts (built in cavaletti!) was where the heads went to get the hay. So, now you know where it came from. It's about 5' in length and 8" high.
I haltered Linus and he was so eager to try it out I told him to wait for me!! In no time at all I had him on it completely. We repeated several times and I was able to get a pretty good picture of him on it. He is a bit damp in the picture because we had rain almost all night and this morning too.
In terms of mini-challenge points, I did not ride or drive him over the platform but that's ok. It shows how much more he trusts me since we last attempted this task. I spent a good while hugging and rubbing him in his favourite places. I was stressed about getting him to do this and he taught me!!!!
I have finally found some harness for him. It should fit him now and as he grows. I am hoping to have it home within the next 2 weeks. Next equipment find will be a light cart of some kind for training!
My husband bought a flag for our house a couple of weeks ago and not having read the label it is too small for our pole. So, perfect thing for us to go for a walk with tomorrow if the weather allows for it!!!!!
- ► 2015 (83)
- ► 2013 (442)
- ► 2011 (1008)
- The Finale
- Curly J -says it's a great morning for a quick dip...
- Texas Memorial Day Trail Ride with Curls and Wildf...
- Curly J is learning to neck rein
- Curly J walks across a homemade bridge....Golden C...
- American Flag and American Curly - Memorial Day 20...
- Last thing in the chllange
- end of a great challenge ~
- Trying something NEW !
- Donna & Linus, Final Post of the Challenge
- Last day of the challenge and Billy and I have had...
- Terri & Reggie..more. =]
- I'm back with more to report
- Various Tricks and Tasks
- More from East Texas
- It's Bubble Bath time with Curly J
- Laurie and Pyewacket in the May challenge
- A new bit for Curly J
- A Curly owner rides a beautiful Quarter Horse........
- Ground Work - Curly J and barrels
- First Post Ever!!!!
- Wading in Poland Springs
- Crunch Time in Texas
- Too much to do -- so little time :)
- Balloons, Bikes and Bugs
- We Didder-ed It!!!
- Over the Mountain
- Linus says "Make My Day"
- Sqeeze ....Curly J
- Saddle UP
- A Noisy Trail Riding Partner
- Curly J asks.....Is it water? Nope it's a tarp.
- Finally Some Time for Challenges
- Curly J and I ride someplace new.....and practice ...
- "Ride with Me Ride" in Texas Tuesday, May 25, 4pm ...
- Happy Birthday Linus!!
- More trailriding
- Left, Right, Left, Right - Hoof pickin' with Curly...
- Points for Pictures!
- Curly J - Picnic and Trail Ride
- Good Times
- A Windy Day in Texas with a Curly Friend
- Reggie & Terri (bath)
- Riding in the Rain... Sun... no Rain, again
- Sweet Evening Ride
- More of Denise's ideas
- Still practicing!
- Following Denise's rules
- Trotting our Figures 8's and letting our Golden Cu...
- Bath, Bugs, R&R
- Dirty horse....Clean horse!!
- Walking through the rain puddles with the one I lo...
- Rain Puddle Party
- Maddy & Shadow
- Terri & Reggie
- Bridling Curly J while kneeling for RAC competitio...
- Horse√ Buggy√ Harness√
- Jump it like it's on Fire
- Open Sesame - and open & close Gate with Curly J a...
- Curly J Haltering while kneeling
- My first BLOG
- Practice, practice, practice!
- Internet has returned to the Boonies!!
- First things in the may mini contest.
- The Adventures Continue....
- Golden Curls Ranch - Open House with trainer David...
- First Ride in May
- Blustery Days - rides and drives
- Wind and Rain
- So glad it was windy!!!
- Windy Day In Hokah, MN
- Super FUN!!!
- "In the game" with Reese!
- May contest challenges
- Back in the RAC!
- Something New
- This is going to be a FUN month.. this challenge ...
- Wonderful Weekend
- Curly *AhD 'n Me, First Challenge Post
- What we have been up to.........
- ▼ May (85)
- ► 2009 (333)