Monday, May 3, 2010

Platform!!


This is Linus investigating the platform I brought over on the wheelbarrow. It was a great indicator that he was so curious already!!
In December, when I had only had Linus for about 2.5-3weeks, we went to a nearby farm that was hosting a Parelli play-date. While there, Linus absolutely hated the platform. Lynn may have (can't remember if she got all 4's), but I definitely could not get him to go over the platform. As I said in my last post, I was very concerned about the platform. Turns out, I had nothing to worry about. My platform was at one time used angled across a corner in the barn for feeding hay. The platform part prevented the animals' feet getting in the feeder and the open parts (built in cavaletti!) was where the heads went to get the hay. So, now you know where it came from. It's about 5' in length and 8" high.
I haltered Linus and he was so eager to try it out I told him to wait for me!! In no time at all I had him on it completely. We repeated several times and I was able to get a pretty good picture of him on it. He is a bit damp in the picture because we had rain almost all night and this morning too.
In terms of mini-challenge points, I did not ride or drive him over the platform but that's ok. It shows how much more he trusts me since we last attempted this task. I spent a good while hugging and rubbing him in his favourite places. I was stressed about getting him to do this and he taught me!!!!
I have finally found some harness for him. It should fit him now and as he grows. I am hoping to have it home within the next 2 weeks. Next equipment find will be a light cart of some kind for training!
My husband bought a flag for our house a couple of weeks ago and not having read the label it is too small for our pole. So, perfect thing for us to go for a walk with tomorrow if the weather allows for it!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment