Royal, learning to tie, Feb 2010
Saturday, May 1, 2010
What we have been up to.........
Royal, learning to tie, Feb 2010
Buck, ground driving March 2010.
We have really awesome news here in Indiana, DSL is up and running!! So now I can post more freely about what the ponies have been up to. My focus has been Royal (aka *Zephyr Blue) whom arrived in February. He is a July 2009 colt so hours and hours have been spent on groundwork and I still don't think I've gotten everything down on our groundwork log. He is coming around from a skittish freakazoid to a calmer more princely boy. He ties, he leads, he lunges, he lifts feet and *gasp* he even lets them be trimmed. But I also have three 2yr old geldings to continue groundwork(how in the heck did that happened?) Whom (shameless plug) are also for sale to good homes. They each have such interesting personalities.
I also have managed to get some quality time with Buck, my 4 yr old gelding. Still working on getting that great fit with harness, bit, and cart. But he mostly goes along with the flow so we'll get it right eventually.
Posted by windingwinds at 2:15 AM
- ► 2015 (83)
- ► 2013 (442)
- ► 2011 (1008)
- The Finale
- Curly J -says it's a great morning for a quick dip...
- Texas Memorial Day Trail Ride with Curls and Wildf...
- Curly J is learning to neck rein
- Curly J walks across a homemade bridge....Golden C...
- American Flag and American Curly - Memorial Day 20...
- Last thing in the chllange
- end of a great challenge ~
- Trying something NEW !
- Donna & Linus, Final Post of the Challenge
- Last day of the challenge and Billy and I have had...
- Terri & Reggie..more. =]
- I'm back with more to report
- Various Tricks and Tasks
- More from East Texas
- It's Bubble Bath time with Curly J
- Laurie and Pyewacket in the May challenge
- A new bit for Curly J
- A Curly owner rides a beautiful Quarter Horse........
- Ground Work - Curly J and barrels
- First Post Ever!!!!
- Wading in Poland Springs
- Crunch Time in Texas
- Too much to do -- so little time :)
- Balloons, Bikes and Bugs
- We Didder-ed It!!!
- Over the Mountain
- Linus says "Make My Day"
- Sqeeze ....Curly J
- Saddle UP
- A Noisy Trail Riding Partner
- Curly J asks.....Is it water? Nope it's a tarp.
- Finally Some Time for Challenges
- Curly J and I ride someplace new.....and practice ...
- "Ride with Me Ride" in Texas Tuesday, May 25, 4pm ...
- Happy Birthday Linus!!
- More trailriding
- Left, Right, Left, Right - Hoof pickin' with Curly...
- Points for Pictures!
- Curly J - Picnic and Trail Ride
- Good Times
- A Windy Day in Texas with a Curly Friend
- Reggie & Terri (bath)
- Riding in the Rain... Sun... no Rain, again
- Sweet Evening Ride
- More of Denise's ideas
- Still practicing!
- Following Denise's rules
- Trotting our Figures 8's and letting our Golden Cu...
- Bath, Bugs, R&R
- Dirty horse....Clean horse!!
- Walking through the rain puddles with the one I lo...
- Rain Puddle Party
- Maddy & Shadow
- Terri & Reggie
- Bridling Curly J while kneeling for RAC competitio...
- Horse√ Buggy√ Harness√
- Jump it like it's on Fire
- Open Sesame - and open & close Gate with Curly J a...
- Curly J Haltering while kneeling
- My first BLOG
- Practice, practice, practice!
- Internet has returned to the Boonies!!
- First things in the may mini contest.
- The Adventures Continue....
- Golden Curls Ranch - Open House with trainer David...
- First Ride in May
- Blustery Days - rides and drives
- Wind and Rain
- So glad it was windy!!!
- Windy Day In Hokah, MN
- Super FUN!!!
- "In the game" with Reese!
- May contest challenges
- Back in the RAC!
- Something New
- This is going to be a FUN month.. this challenge ...
- Wonderful Weekend
- Curly *AhD 'n Me, First Challenge Post
- What we have been up to.........
- ▼ May (85)
- ► 2009 (333)