Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Bottom Line: Communication!

             This past Tuesday, the ground wasn't too soggy so I though it would be a good time to start off our RAC season with a Bang! The ring was too wet so Lakota and I stayed in our gravel area and did some figure eights because she has only been outside of the ring a few times. She did better than I expected! She stayed focused and moved forward nicely. Our half hour ride made our problems with each other very clear. I tend to be "wishy washy" with my cues so she finds it annoying and doesn't quite understand what I am asking of her. Other than that we were fine, so we just have to work on our communication and get used to each other. My mom tells me, "You guys look really funny. Its like one of you is speaking Spanish and the other is speaking Italian. You can kinda understand each other, but it ain't pretty". So we will continue to work on our communication with eachother.

-Amanda & Lakota


8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah go Amanda and Lakota! Don't let your Mom tell you anything else than you look beautiful together LOL. Great job! Best Caren

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super post! We are all works in progress....You two look great together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the language barrier reference! It's truley like that sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super stuff, it can be funny sometimes when one is learning a new horse's language! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. And Lakota speaks what you could call "very proper Italian" so I am just going to have to adjust! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww Amanda you are doing great. It is Like Peter/Caren and me talking German and Dutch but we still understand and love each other LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your post Amanda, and I really like to reference to the 2 different languages....that is a superb way to put it!

    ReplyDelete